UL. WYSZYŃSKIEGO 5
11” long / 2,75” wide
The trace of mezuzah
new mezuzah - bronze cast of the trace
The story hidden behind
The tenement house at ul. Wyszyńskiego 5 (formerly ul. Piłsudskiego 5) was built in 1914 by Abram Fiszer, whose initials are still visible to this very day visible on the main gate.
Abram Fiszer – the tenement owner – was the also owner of an iron warehouse. He married Chana Benczer and they had three children: Dawid, Wolf and Ari. The entire family died in the Holocaust.